Sunday, January 2, 2011

Night Photography - First Attempt

My first Night shoot attempt on the 1st of January 2011.  Well ya, STRICTLY speaking, it is the first time, on a Tripod. Just got myself a SIRUI T-1204X Carbon 8X. With a K-10X Ball Head, it costs me SGD$350, from a shop in Funan IT Mall.

I was actually planning for Sunset Shoots around Marina Bay area but with the overcast and dizzling rain, I had to surrender to the sky and went for dinner instead. By the time I finished eating, it was already raining heavily. Without any other options, I went shopping instead at marina Square, but too bad even Cathay Photo was closed. 

Thirty minutes had past and I noticed that the heavy pouring have stopped. Although it was still dizzling, I bravely stepped out and proceed to the riverside and setup my tripod and camera.  Why did I say bravely? It is because I am using the only one lens I have on that day... a EF-s 18 - 135 mm kit lens which I believed most of you should know.... it comes without weather shielding.,


I noticed the slant Horizontal lines when viewing thru my notebook,
Sigh, must have been too hurried to set up the tripod ( due to
the rain ) and did not check properly.

ohh yes, of course I could use PS to straighten the horizontal but
am not going to use PS so to get more basics correct when shooting.
Basically at most do some cropping. 
Or is this better ??
Will try my hands on nightshoot...hopefully soon  :)

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online